Selecting an Accountant Wasilla AK
Priscilla Horner CPA
701 E Parks Hwy #202
Melvin D Veit CPA
701 E Parks Hwy #203
Carney & Associates
P.O. Box 872027
Bushnell & Mc Mahon
P.O. Box 871684
Hc 30 Box 5446
391 E Parks Hwy #C
Ron Morgan EA CPA
1190 North Helen Lane
851 E. Westpoint Drive Suite 206
Meca Employment Connection
165 E Parks Hwy #201
C P Accounting
P.O. Box 872508
Selecting an Accountant
Selecting an AccountantInterview several candidates. Ask yourself the following:
- Does he or she specialize in small businesses of my size? Some firms specialize in and look for large clients.
- Does he or she adequately understand my business and its unique problems?
- Does he or she specialize in income taxes?
- Are other local business people familiar with this accountant?
- Has he or she received positive recommendations from my peers in the business community?
- Did the accountant explain the fee structure to me? Am I comfortable with it?
- Am I comfortable using this person as a business advisor?
Some accountants seek a professional designation to set themselves apart from others. Certified Public Accountants have attained the "CPA" title by passing a rigorous examination covering accounting, business law, auditing, and taxes. A CPA is required to have a college degree (or a high level of work experience), and must meet an annual continuing education requirement. The CPA license is administered in every state by some type of state licensing board. A CPA must abide by a code of professional ethics as administered by a state board of accountancy. Many small business owners are more comfortable choosing a CPA as their accountant because, as a rule, they feel it assures them a high level of professional co...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Business Owner's Toolkit